Sunday 4 June 2017

ABE'S AUDIENCE


"I wish Edward Everett would shut up."  said Mary.

"Shush! don't be disrespectful." said her husband.

"He has been going on and on for almost two hours. The troops are falling over doesn't that tell him anything?"

"He is making some good points, I am glad he saying those things to the assembled company."

"Who cares?"

"Do you care?"

"What concerns me is that you are on next and by the time you get up to speak, everyone will be so fatigued no one will take any notice of what you have to say."

"I think I can handle that."

"You think you're so good you can get up and speak after this constant waffle waffle and still draw the audience's attention."

"Just watch me."

"What's your technique."

"Contrast."

"Contrast?"

I have cut my speech down to ...let's see... one hundred and thirty seven words."

"You have to be more than the President to impress this worn out audience with a speech that short."

"I am going to knock their socks off."

"You'd better start knocking Edward Everlasting has finally shut up."

"I still have to be introduced.."

"Look the podium's empty."

"Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth ......"

No comments:

Post a Comment